United We Fight. United We Win.
- In just three weeks time, 20 leaders from across Southwest Virginia have stepped into a leadership role to serve on the Advisory Council to develop strategy on the most impactful investments that can be made with funds raised through our COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- To date, we have secured about $185,000 that will be used to support community organizations working to bring stabilization to the people they serve.
- Our Childhood Success team has worked with hundreds of childcare providers to provide technical assistance on navigating uncharted territories in order to secure resources to sustain them through the crisis.
- Our Youth Success team is innovating to bring work-based learning opportunities through new mediums to our students in Southwest Virginia.
- Health Programs has pivoted their delivery model to make sure Backpacks Unite students have access to food for the weekends when schools are not able to provide meals.
We will get through this, together. United we fight. United we win.
United Way of Southwest Virginia fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in Southwest Virginia because they are the building blocks for a good quality of life. Through an initiative-based cradle-to-career approach, United Way of Southwest Virginia is creating sustainable solutions to address the challenges facing tomorrow’s workforce. United Way convenes cross-sector partners to make an impact on the most complex problems in our region. Through collaboration with government, business, nonprofit and individuals, United Way innovates for positive, lasting social change. With a footprint that covers nearly 20% of the state of Virginia, United Way of Southwest Virginia programs and initiatives serve the counties of Bland, Buchanan, Carroll, Dickenson, Floyd, Giles, Grayson, Lee, Montgomery, Pulaski, Russell, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington, Wise, and Wythe, and the cities of Bristol, Galax, Norton, and Radford.